Os

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
boot up with the windows 2000 cd in the drive after the cd loads everything it cuts off and give me this:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF6863848, 0x00000034, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

It also does the same with windows xp

i only have a monitor and keyboard plugged in

I previously installed windows xp on the computer, worked fine, then i went to restart and it would not boot up, so i decided to try windows 2000. and im at the problem you see above

yea my bios recognizes the device and shows it in the SATA settings, i switched the device to RAID and now i dont have any problems booting up the computer its just installing the os is the problem, i have both the power cable and SATA II cable plugged in to the hard drive and the SATA II cable in the SATA 1 slot on the motherboard and my CD drive in the SATA 2 slot on the mother board, both are recognized in BIOS, and both say they are working properly.

I am almost positive that there are no driers for SATA and Windows 2000. Almost all SATA drives came out with XP and from what i know there was never any drivers written for SATA and earlier versions of Windows.

So first i would check and see if you can find the SATA drivers for your mobo for Windows 2000. If you can't then you will never be able to install it. Cause there is no version of Windows 2000 that has any type of SATA driver on it. Windows XP CD's dont even have them. Only the Windows Vista DVD has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom