Reformat Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffroC

Beta member
I have a W32Trats!inf virus on my compter. I am going to do a reformat of my C drive. My question is that if I do a reformat of the drive that my OS is on should I reformat my second hard drive? Everything I've read says that this virus is in the registry. It doesn't allow me to update windows and my Adobe Premiere editing software somehow lost its license and will not function. Will this virus affect my other hard drive? My system is about 4 yrs old and it's about time to clean up anyways. Thanks in advance for your help.
Jeff

I'm assuming you have a drive for your OS, and a drive for your data? You should be fine just having to reformat the OS drive, unless there's infected files that got on your data drive, as well.

I would suggest skipping the format and going to the virus section and following Osiris's guide. A format should be your last option if you can not get rid of it thru the guide.

Formatting is the easy answer to the problem but I think if you take the time to correct the problem without wiping the drive clean you'll feel a bit proud about it. I know I do whenever I figure out something like that :)

formatting is the easy answer if he ran it for 4 years. it needs one anyway. your second drive should be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom