Best way to clean VGA ram sinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
I will be installing a HR-03 on my 8800GTS when it comes in the mail and I was wondering what the best way to clean the ram sinks is? Ive never done anything like this before and I want to make sure I do it right

I am also planning on getting some Arctic Silver Adhesive seeing as how I hear the adhesive the HR-03 comes with is pretty weak, anyone ever used this before?

I'm thinking to just use a lint free fabric and rubbing alcohol maybe? to just make sure they are clean, I've never bothered, I just use the cloth that came with my glasses to wipe the old thermal paste off and use my fingers to apply the Mx-2

I really suggest you DONT use something as permanent as AS5 adhesive. If the card takes a dump on you down the line, you will need to get the heatsinks off to put the stock cooler back on to RMA the card.

Bob Marley's Legend is arguably the greatest album of all time, but lets not get on the subject of music, this is a tech forum

I may just use the adhesive it comes with. From the reviews I have read from reliable places and not just kids, it seems that if you just properly clean the RAM sinks, the paste included should work fine

which brings me to my question, what is the BEST way to clean these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom