building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is starting to act weird. It starts up okay and everything works but I keep on hearing something that speeds up then slows down and keeps on doing that. It sounds like it is the front fan. And right now the cpu fan is not turning, it is trying to but will not keep spinning. It acts like it is not getting enough power. It was spinning for a while then just quit then it will start spinning again. What is going on?

Make sure that it's connected properly and securely to the fan header slot (CPU_FAN). Maybe give the fan a little push with the finger, to get it going. I had to do that once.

Listen to the front fan, to see if that weird speeding up and down sound is coming from there. Also make sure that this is connected properly.

I just installed Easytune 5 pro that came with my motherboard cd and under hardware monitor section, it shows 3 fans and 2 of them have exclamation mark flashing red and yellow beside them. One is the system fan and it is showing 0 rpm and the other is the cpu fan which is showing about 530 rpm. I tried click on the exclamation mark but it doesn't give me any information why it is there. What is the deal with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom