Even more out of g92.... sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
VR-Zone said:
VR-Zone has learned that Nvidia is preparing to shrink G92 process technology from 65nm to 55nm to better compete against the upcoming RV770. DigiTimes today reported that RV770 will come along by end Q2 which is about the same timeframe as the 55nm G92. Most probably, you will see RV770 based mobile parts first as notebook makers have already received RV770 samples for testing. Right now, we are able to confirm some 55nm G92 mobile parts coming up to pit against the 55nm RV770. Most likely, there are 55nm G92 for desktop parts too as Nvidia in desperate needs to lower cost and improve yield in the next couple of months ahead to stay in competition. In any case the 55nm G92 even with higher clocks can't match up against RV770, Nvidia will have to push ahead the schedule of next generation GT200.

source: VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Nvidia Prepares 55nm G92 Against AMD RV770

So whats the point in releasing these new chips if they cant compete with the RV770? Wouldnt it make more sense to direct all focus to the GT200?

from what i understand... rv770 is just gonna double the shaders and stuff like that.. not actually a new architecture...

so from my understanding ATI and Nvidia both are sucking horribly bad

Until ATI can make their real world performance match the performance they have on paper, Nvidia has no reason to bring out the new stuff.

Nvidia needs to stop trying to create better chips with the same architecture, which is why they should look toward the GT200 since it's suppose to double the speeds of the 8 series. IMO they should have never released any of the 9 series cards yet, they bring nothing new to the table.

For them to double the performance of the 8 series they are going to have to do some SERIOUS die shrinking and archetectural changes. I really dont see anything coming out that can double the performance of an 8800 Ultra without being close to 1000 bucks for a retail item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom