Random lockups...maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteGuy999

Beta member
Hey guys, I went through and upgrader many things on one of my old household computers, i went and bought a new Mobo, vid Card, memory,cpu and case to power the video card

Intel core2 Duo 2.6ghz
E-geforce9800 512 gddr3
2g 800mhz Corsair
500w 34A Antec psu

I didnt bother upgrading my hard drive(Old IDE 300g) to a new sata to get that outa my mobo hoping i wouldnt have to reformat, which i ended up doing after it was all said and done, i got all the drivers, and hardware hooked up it runs great, however the odd time when i am playing games, mostly WoW :d the monitor will black out, show no signal, I can still hear the game in the background for about 5 sec and then it dissapears, the computer locks up or i assume it does because num,caps or scroll lock do not light up when pressed, the computer screen will still be blank if i press the reset button on the case but it will work when i power it off then back on, it doesn't do this all the time sometimes it will be 10min into comp use and others like 3 days into comp use, i ws just wondering if anyone would know from personal experience if this could be hardware related and maybe to the fact that the hard drive is old an getting to its final days that and the soundcard SB Live 24bit! are the only 2 hardware parts that i did not replace during my upgrade. i also thought it may be a video card problem but sorta through that conclusion out after realizing the whole computer locks up when this happens, i am running Windows XP fully updated, and i am pretty sure i have only experienced this problem during my lenghty dates with World of Warcraft, any help would be greatly appreciated:D

Thanks in advance, a helplessly confused White guy

That video card is fairly new and it might just be that drivers haven't matured enough to smoothly yet. Happened with a couple of games for me when I first got my 8800GTX. Got it the day it came out and the drivers weren't the greatest. You could try reinstalling your drivers for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom