Isopropyl alcohol pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, just have to make sure you don't leave any residue :)! However having a higher alcohol content will not help you, it will raise the chance that the pad, cotton ball, soft-fiber, or whatever you chose to use will dry up and leave stuff you don't want on your heat sink or processor head.
Um, if anyone else was not aware that the last paragraph in my post was full o' sarcasm, it was. No, I do not really recommend using Everclear on your computer parts. Basic over the counter Iso Alcohol cleans thermal paste off of a processor more than easily, anything else is overkill.

just go into a restaurant and grab some wet naps there alchohol base and i bet u there exacly teh same as those, my grand mother who is a nurse says there the same as the medical ones.

There are two different types of rubbing alcohols, one contains contaimenants, which has the blue label, and then the red one is the medical grade one, not a single contaminent in it. I would rather have a red label at 70% than a blue label bottle at 90%... And if one of you comes up and says there the exact same, then read the labels a bit closer, they are very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom