Having trouble getting help with gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
both of those ram seem to be the same so im gonna go with the OCZ bc its a bit cheaper. Here is what i have so far.

I think the Crucial ballistix are 4-4-4-12 timings, slightly tighter compared to the 4-4-4-15 of the OCZ Reapers. Not sure if that makes a difference for you. It is still a bit more expensive.

Depends on which reapers you get. There are like 4 different sets of 2x2. Jus tmake sure to get the 4-4-4-12 ones.

He already has the CPU ya nubs.

i dont actually have any of the components yet. im building it on paper then im gonna order the components next week. so im still open to suggestions and different hardware if its better than what im thinking of getting.

Ah, the way your original post read i thought you had the parts already. If you havent bought anything, you'd be better off with a q6600 or e8400 rather than the 6750.

The 8400 is 45nm rather than 65nm so it will overclock farther, and the q6600 is a quad core so double the cores.

do you think the e8400 is worth the extra $70 compared to the e6750? and also, has anyone found the e8400 for cheaper than $260? and with the q6600 being the same price as the e8400, which is the better buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom