In need of serious help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
i installed my hard drive, got windows xp working, installed video drivers, i got everything working, i go to turn off the computer, to put my hard drive cd in to get the extra space that was not partitioned, when i go to turn my computer back on it won't boot! at all. it only boot if i reset the CMOS on the mother board, and even then it wont boot from the hard drive anymore and goes straight to the BIOS. I know all the part work, but i should not have to reset the CMOS everytime i want it to boot, let alone get windows xp working. i need some serious help cause if i don't reset the cmos it won't boot but if i do it will boot but it wont boot from the HDD. If i change anything in the BIOS, like boot priority, and save and reboot, it won't boot after than, then i have to re-reset the cmos to get back into the BIOS. ANYONE OUT THERE who can guide me to success? THe Bios recognizes both the HDD and CD drive, both are SATA. i Know all the part work, because i was able to succesfully install windows and get sp1 and the nvidia driver installed no problems, now its all going down hill

Maximus Extreme
Patriot DDR3 1600-right now running at 1066
Q6600 running at 2.4 stock speeds
320WD HDD SATA
Samsung DVD writer
MSI 8800GT OC
750W Ultra X-connect Power Supply

if i reset the CMOS, the computer beeps once, then looks for the disk drive, then beeps again and then goes to the BIOS screen it won't even try to boot from the hDD

If i change anything in the BIOS and restart the system will hang. no matter what configuration i try

Hard drive cd?

All you should have to do is add an extra partition to enable vista (or xp) to recognize the extra space.

I honestly don't exactly whats wrong. But I would have to say that, that hard drive cd sounds a little fishy. Ive never heard of anyone having to install drivers for their harddrive. Try another hard drive to see what the prob is.

Good luck man :D

Totally off topic but why are you running ddr3 ram at ddr2 speeds? That is a waste of money.

Does this happen only w/ the cd in the drive?

Well gee i dont know maybe because the motherboard only supports 1066, without over clocking, don't send me these nonsense replies, they are no help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom