HP Pavillion woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteffens

Contributor
Hey guys, while I do have my other thread going about the gamer I'm building I do now have an issue with my current computer I'm on now, my laptop

This is a basic circuit city model (or was three years ago) an HP Pavillion ze2000. I wiped it and resintalled XP once with my buddy a year ago and it had been smooth since. About two months ago I bought memory for it and doubled the RAM. That's about all i've done.

I have had the computer serviced once (I bought the protecton plan) and they replaced the hinges, monitor, battery and cable. Needless to say one hinge is cracked again already and now the keyboard has some issues.

But the main problem is twice now in the past week, the computer will be sitting idle, and out of nowhere the screen turns to vertical blue stripes, across the screen, is the best I can describe it.

Could my HD be on the way out? I haven't had many operational problems with the puter until now. I am going to call up and cash in on the warranty again, may as well, but I thought I'd ask so I know what I'm up against. My buddy has a 1000 GB external HD setup and we backed up my whole computer tonight so when I send it out if they replace my computer I have all my data.

Any info would be appreaciated, thanks!

Sounds more like a loose connection between the lcd and the laptop's video hardware (assuming it's integrated, probably Intel GMA if I remember correctly
). If your HD was going bad you'd see things such as programs crashing constantly, data loss, blue screens galore, that sort of think. Maybe even the dreaded Click of Death. The screen going funny wouldn't be related to this at all. Just get this sent in as soon as you can. If this is a recurring problem it makes sense to have it fixed quickly so you're still covered if it happens again. CCity may even provide a replacement machine under their No Lemon policy if you need the same problem fixed for a third time. PM me if you need more Fi specific info or whatever on all of that. I used to work for em so I know the warranty program pretty well. Fixed lots of laptops, too. :)

Hey tried to PM you but i clicked and nothing happened, so I will reply here

I checked my receipt and I still have about 6 months of warranty left. So I'm going to call and send it in again and maybe they will just replace the whole unit.

Last time they replaced the screen, hinges etc and I wonder if they screwed up or just the fact those parts were touched pushed it over the edge.

Thanks for the info, so I don't have any hideous problems yet.

I'll be sure to take my upgraded RAM out before I send it back.

Thanks again!!!

Exactly, take out your upgrades and back up yer files. Then get it sent in asap. Hopefully you'll be okay after this but if you have to send it in again the 3rd time they're supposed to replace it for you if it's the same issue.

Thanks for the info. One day this week I'll call them and have them send me the shipping boxes and such asap

I like this computer it just physically breaks a lot. This is the second time the hinges broke, and I guess that could be related to the screen f'in up sometimes too now.

superb they are overnighting a box for me to send them my turd in.

I hope they just replace the computer it's so beat up from daily use.

I doubt they will replace it but it's possible if they've been getting a lot of this from other models. We shall see...

Yeah I know what ya mean, but how expensive is it for them to send me a fresh unit? How much can it cost to keep fixing this one?

I'm just gonna keep sending it to them, I also looked at my receipt and I have another year and a half of coverage, so every time it breaks I'm going to cash in on it. Why not, I paid for it! :)

Hook up your laptop to an external monitor. If the external monitor also gets goofy, then the video card is probably getting ready to die. If it only does it on the laptop LCD, then it could be a number of problems.

I would get them to do a warranty fix on it sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom