Need a Razer Mouse Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
well il be looking at the g7 now i want a high dpi mouse 800 just doesnt seem sufficient, and i like the wireless, i think some of the new g7 have litle weight kits for them to. anyway good luck cunjo with ur razer purchase, im clueless when it comes to mice.

G7 will be very heavy due to the battery. G9, I'm not sure, but it looks pretty light to me, given its size.

G5 I liked ok, but its drivers are even more finicky than the MX518 which i previously loved, and then of course I just don't like the feel of the buttons and scroll wheel as much.

Razers are all very light. If you like a weighted mouse, they're probably not for you, though IMO, I like weighted mice, and I'm going to buy one anyway, just due to my dissatisfaction with Logitech mice.

Good weighted mice are the G5 and the Sidewinder, since they both have removeable weight cartridges that you can fine-tune the way you like.

I got to toy around with a Sidewinder at Newegg Lanfest at the Microsoft booth and I must say I wasn't impressed.

It was huge, awkward, and uncomfortable.

since I know the 4000dpi lachesis is notorious for wigging out if any dust gets on the sensor. The glass might be easier to keep clean.

Actually, that is a firmware issue. The original firmware had a tick in it, but Razer was fast to get it fixed. Upgrading to the new firmware takes care of it.

I got to toy around with a Sidewinder at Newegg Lanfest at the Microsoft booth and I must say I wasn't impressed.

It was huge, awkward, and uncomfortable.

I got to mess with one at Best Buy. It definitely looks more awkward than it really feels, but then I've been told that it tends to grow on you.

G7 will be very heavy due to the battery. G9, I'm not sure, but it looks pretty light to me, given its size.

G5 I liked ok, but its drivers are even more finicky than the MX518 which i previously loved, and then of course I just don't like the feel of the buttons and scroll wheel as much.

Razers are all very light. If you like a weighted mouse, they're probably not for you, though IMO, I like weighted mice, and I'm going to buy one anyway, just due to my dissatisfaction with Logitech mice.

Good weighted mice are the G5 and the Sidewinder, since they both have removeable weight cartridges that you can fine-tune the way you like.

the g9 has weights for it to, and aparently has a similar feel to the mx518/g5.

G9 is shaped nothing like the mx518. It's a finger mouse design, and much smaller.

logitech mice are generally wrist/hand mice and are more heavy, while razer mice tend to be more finger mice, which makes them lighter, I prefer the lighter razer mice because of the fast response I get from them while using little effort so my hand doesn't get tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom