Computer Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbox122501

Baseband Member
i installed my hard drive, got windows xp working, installed video drivers, i got everything working, i go to turn off the computer, to put my hard drive cd in to get the extra space that was not partitioned, when i go to turn my computer back on it won't boot! at all. it only boot if i reset the CMOS on the mother board, and even then it wont boot from the hard drive anymore and goes straight to the BIOS. I know all the part work, but i should not have to reset the CMOS everytime i want it to boot, let alone get windows xp working. i need some serious help cause if i don't reset the cmos it won't boot but if i do it will boot but it wont boot from the HDD. If i change anything in the BIOS, like boot priority, and save and reboot, it won't boot after than, then i have to re-reset the cmos to get back into the BIOS. ANYONE OUT THERE who can guide me to success? THe Bios recognizes both the HDD and CD drive, both are SATA. i Know all the part work, because i was able to succesfully install windows and get sp1 and the nvidia driver installed no problems, now its all going down hill. If i change any option in the BIOS, and restart the computer will hang and not boot at all

Maximus Extreme
Patriot DDR3 1600-right now running at 1066
Q6600 running at 2.4 stock speeds
320WD HDD SATA
Samsung DVD writer
MSI 8800GT OC
750W Ultra X-connect Power Supply

You put the hard drive cd in to get space from an extra partition? What do you mean. Have you tried to reinstall widnows at all? Checked all connections from harddrive and motherboard? Fans all active when the computer is turned on?

If your talking about the CD that came with the hard drive forget it. Don't use it. Reinstall XP on a small partition first then create another partition with the rest of the disk once it's installed to use for everything else. It's not worth the effort to attempt to get the extra 10GB of space. There's not even a guarantee it will happen. Just get another hard drive if you run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom