Graphics Card Overclocking: Video Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I watched it, pretty cool

Is it best to leave the Shader locked w/ the core clock and allow it to go up when the core clock is OC'd? Or should it just be left as it is

I overclock my card with it left as is and I've seen pretty decent performance gains so personally, I'd say to just leave the shader clock alone

another question

in RivaTuner next to the Enable driver-level hardware overclocking button there is a dropdown box. Do you set this to Performance 3D or something different or does it matter?

Oh, software and firmware over clocking? What ever happened to good old hardware alterations :)? Soldering gun and some resin-free metals!

I find ATi Tool to be very simple to use. Since if you're going to use RivaTuner, you need ATi Tool's Artifact test. Unless if RivaTuner added their own Artifact test.

Oh, software and firmware over clocking? What ever happened to good old hardware alterations :)? Soldering gun and some resin-free metals!

those don't affect the actual speeds of the card... right? people still do volt mod by adding resistors and such to their cards

why does this pop up when i try to use ati tool? never happened with xp must b vista
atinotworking.jpg

Yeah that happened to me with a 8800GTS 512mb. Its a known issue that has been discussed all over the internet but i havent found an answer to it yet. Its probably a vista problem.

Thanks for the vid Commander.

So basically all us 8800 gts 512 owners can't use ati tool to scan for artifacts. What are you guys using then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom