Which video card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're discussing PCI-e Video Cards, but for hte price of an HD2600pro, I'd recommend the 8600gt(s)

I've got the 8600GT, and the only thing I'd add to that is make SURE you don't get the 256Mb card! Right now, that is what's bottlenecking my gaming performance. I'm trying to save for an 8800GT

Hey which video would you say is better for gaming:
Buy the eVGA e-GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-E Video Card and other Computer video & TV tuner cards at circuitcity.com
or
Buy the eVGA e-GeForce 8400GS 256MB PCI-E Video Card and other Computer video & TV tuner cards at circuitcity.com

Please note that i can only spend like 100$ and it HAS to be at circuit city. So that is why i picked those choices, not because its the best choice or deal.

Without a doubt the first one is the best more memory which is better with the TV Tuner and it's more recent as not with the 8400 GS.

Hey which video would you say is better for gaming:
Buy the eVGA e-GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-E Video Card and other Computer video & TV tuner cards at circuitcity.com
or
Buy the eVGA e-GeForce 8400GS 256MB PCI-E Video Card and other Computer video & TV tuner cards at circuitcity.com

Please note that i can only spend like 100$ and it HAS to be at circuit city. So that is why i picked those choices, not because its the best choice or deal.

the 8500 GT is deffently better!

Top one is definitely the best of the two. If you can chip out another fifty bucks or so I'd recommend getting a 8800 GT(or GTX). I'm currently using one in my desktop and it is pretty great - does everything I need it to do and then some. I'm currently playing Crysis at full graphics without a bit of lag (55 FPS.)

I hate it when people say they can afford only these 2 and some guy just comes and say get the 8800gt or something, thats like double what he can afford

I hate it when people say they can afford only these 2 and some guy just comes and say get the 8800gt or something, thats like double what he can afford

Vernong, I agree with you 100% there. Cause like when I first came to the forums I would have people recommending 250$ cards when my budget was 100$, in the end I ended up getting the 8600GT 512MB instead. But honestly keep in mind the guys budget and don't just recommend some sky high priced card.

Alot of times people are just making sure that you dont cheap out if you DO have the money. Because sometimes for a few extra bucks you can get something that blows away that -$10-20 less card.

I just hate to see people regret buying parts :p because ive done it so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom