Questions for ZONEALARM users

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowBitTorrent

Solid State Member
1. On the part where it says "blocked intrusions" and "X intrusions have been blocked since install", about what figure should it be at?

2. On "Inbound protection" "firewall has blocked X access attempts" what figure should it be at about?

SlowBitTorrent said:
...about what figure should it be at?

There is no such thing as a pre-defined set/figure that it should report. After a fresh install, it should report a very low number and the more you use it, the higher the number will rise as it blocks more and more unauthorized attempts.

READ the last part of my sentence again carefully. You will find your answer. It's like asking if my car odometer reaches xxxx number should I be worried?

with that said by lone wolf, the higher the number the better in my opinion, that means attempts did NOT get into your computer....in other words....ITS WORKING!!

I use ZoneAlarm 5 at work. The blocked connections (both ways) continue to go up...that's normal.

You shouldn't really be concerned, but you CAN use that number to give you a hint at what's going on in your network. Some clusters will have their blocked connection counts grow rapidly, and you can then look and see why that is. Sometimes it's just normal for that particular part of the network. Other times, it can hint you to a security problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom