better video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are the 9600 so much cheaper then the 8800?

whats the word on the physics card? worth it? im into gaming but im not a whore for it if that makes sense lol

The physics card is almost never necessary and won't apply much benefit. Not worth it. The 9600 are cheaper because they are the same framework and use the same G92 gpu. They aren't as powerful as a single 8800, which is also why the price is lower, but like these guys said, "Two are better than one!" :D

i compared a 8800 and a 9600... and im not so smart wen it comes to sli and what total output is...

but, the core and memory clocks are higher on a 8800 and has more streams compared to the 9600.... so 2 stronger cards would be better? or am i missing something?

like i said im not crazy for graphics... but id like to not have to update within the year.

my last computer is pretty crappy with a agp.. but its last 3 years and still can play most games today, so id like this to be able to do the same... and this is 100000x more powerful then what i have now haha

also, my mother board can support 3 cards for sli...... so 3 better then 2 if i go the 9600 series?

forget the 9600 3-way... its not supported, only the 8800gtx and ultra.

still tho, 2 9600 or 2 8800.... geez i hate these kinda things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom