Windows Vista SP1 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee? I downloaded the full 434mb and it only took what some 5 minutes to unpack and install. That could be from already having kept things updated from a recent install maybe. But a few bugs are being heard already.

When done with the system restart the volume control panel was reset to the defaults for the X-Fi Xreme Gamer Creative model here. Others with onboard Realtek have noticed loss of sound with no yellow marks in the device manager.

It seems the sound drivers get replaced with newer versions while someone reported simply unplugging the speakers and suddenly seeing sound returned when they were replugged back in for some reason.

Shumway

Since the whole crack thing is not really allowed to be discussed would you mind PM'ing me if you find one for sp1, i have para*** and would love to get sp1 asap.

Woohoo Sp1 :happy:

Hmm....my install failed, took 3 minutes and 22 seconds to download 434mb, let it install when I went to bed, woke up and had a failure.. I'll try again when I get home :eek:

Osiris... Make sure you have any 3rd party av or firewall's turned off in that case. Also turn off any monitoring softwares. In cases where it fails turning those off should allow for a successful install.

Dont use firewalls. I should have screen shotted the error message but I have someone over at my place and didnt want them messing with it. :D

just a side...the full downloads are just like the drivers library in the vista or xp dvds...they are that big to cover all the variables out there...that's why you would benefit, time wise, from the windows updates

I simply downloaded the full 434mb for safe keeping like I did previously with SP2 for XP when that was finally seen in redistributed form. Simply installing that from the drive went much faster then the 1hr. estimate for those using dial-up and a 56k modem.

For those they are better saving the 434mb in case Windows is reinstalled at some point and the ssslowwwerrrr time for going to the update all over again. That will save some big time there.

just curious, how do you get the search option in the start menu back (not the instant start menu search)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom