Pricing question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcream

Baseband Member
I wanted to build a new PC and was wondering if anyone knew what I would get for my current one?

Current PC :
150 GB Samsung HD
Radeon X850 pro
1gb Samsung RAM
Sound blaster 24bit
Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz Dual core

The mother board is a dell stock Mobo not sure about its model number or any of that.

I'm considering the rebuild because when I bought this computer I hardly had enough knowledge to pick out a long lasting upgradeable one and ended up spending $2400 on this thing. Its a very pre-built dell system and not very upgradeable. Anyway just wondering if anyone knew if I could even get a fraction of my money back for this.

you would get something for all these parts if you parted them out but with the spec's it will not be a lot.

the 2 biggest money makeing things out of that would be the HDD and the Pentium D cpu, i couldent give you a price on them though sorry

and all these nice people at the tech forums will help you with the building of your new system they give out some good advice on parts and prices and places to buy

Hmmm... Hard to say really. It all depends on where you are selling it, who you are selling to, and what they want in a computer. You are running a 256MB AGP graphics card... which really isn't the best. Not sure when you bought this machine, but sad to say (for you, but good for new system builders :D) things have changed drastically in just the last three years as far as pricing goes. You'll be lucky to get $300 for it, would be my best estimate. Maybe $400 if it still runs really fast and well.

Oh it is PCI-e? I'm sorry, I must have found a different model or version of the same card. But yes, to give you a further idea of price differences, I just bought 35 laptops for my place of work and they have decent specs for what they are needed for. Well the catch is that they are twice as fast, and have about 3x better overall performance than our previous laptops we bought three years ago. And guess what the cost comparison was: The three-year old laptops had cost around $1150 with a minimum and slow Celeron 1.5GHz single core cpu; The new ones cost $680 with a Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz and 4x the RAM, 3x the hard drive space, etc., etc.

So what your getting at is I shouldent be to surprised that my computer decreased in value because thats what happens with technology

Looking at the specs you've provided it looks as though you're not going to be paying as much for things, especially ram. These days you can get a gig of ram for twenty dollars considering what kind it is but other than that the most I would have to say is $250 - $325.

ya, MY old computer that my parents bought for me had about the same specs, and we bought it in 2004, now it's worth less that $300, and we paid $1100 for it, so depends on you but for us it was just more convenient to keep it as a backup PC than to sell it for dirt cheap.

If you sell to an individual, you could get $500 for it given the fact that it has both a GFX and sound card. You wouldn't get that around here, though. The average Joe only sees that it can play great games and is faster than what he already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom