better video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeg

In Runtime
im planning to build my own computer... and im looking at 2 different cards.

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

and

Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

i will be running a sli setup, so what i want to know is what card can i get that is best for a sli setup and will allow my computer to last a few years without updates.

oh, and im not sure if this link is going to work, but here is the other things i picked out.
id also like opinions on those if you all dont mind.

gaming/media computer also.

im planning to build my own computer... and im looking at 2 different cards.

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

and

Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

i will be running a sli setup, so what i want to know is what card can i get that is best for a sli setup and will allow my computer to last a few years without updates.

oh, and im not sure if this link is going to work, but here is the other things i picked out.
id also like opinions on those if you all dont mind.

gaming/media computer also.

I would go for the 8800GTS if I were you.

as far as OS goes, should i stick with the xp or move up to vista?

ill be running 4gb of ram if that is a factor.

That is only a factor as far as 32 to 64bit OS's go; if you want to utilize the full 4GB go with a 64-Bit OS. To fully utilize your card and have a very appealing OS, I would say go Vista. You can actually get Vista Home Premium 64-Bit OEM for cheaper than XP Pro 64-Bit! Check out TigerDirect.com and go to their Software section.

and some more questions lol..... sorry im kinda new and all to this higher grade stuff.

duo or quad intell?

it seems like the quad will run faster and i see some ppl are oc them to almost 4ghz
will my normal computing take advantage of this, so with many background things running i hope to have a smooth and fast computer.

What size monitor are you planning on. If you plan to run SLI, the 9600GT scales retardedly well in SLI and is really really cheap.

not sure, i was going to use the one i got with my gateway... i think its like 17 or 18.

also thought of maybe getting a 19 widescreen thats only 200bucks.

As far as background applications and to have a very smooth PC, I would say go with the Q6600. Normally I would reccommend the new 45nm E8400 but since it is never in stock and the Q6600, like you said, has such great OC potential, go with that. It will last you longer as far as advanced applications come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom