AMD's B3 Stepping Phenom Previewed, TLB Hardware Fix Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wait a bit and see once there are some more reviews. If it gets to 3.0-3.2ghz then it would be worth it IMO.

Thats what i want, with an unlocked multi. That way, i can just drop it in and keep my rig the way it is. get a better card too tho.

^^ At same speeds, its not really as much as people point it out to be. Thats what makes me mad, they say it was a complete failure when the chip is not slow, the intel quads are just a bit faster at the same speed. Id say 10-15%.

10-15% is quite a big difference...I don't think it's as large as that. I was under the impression that they performed roughly the same clock for clock as Core 2....it's just that they all run at measly clock rates and getting them higher is basically impossible.

Unfortunately, by the time the 45nm Phenoms are out Intel will be releasing Nehalem. So even if the 45nm Phenoms are as fast as penryn AMD will still be one step behind.

^^^

Yeah, but for us guys who already have amd builds that can suport a phenom, its not a bad deal. A simple bios reset and drop in of the chip.

Unfortunately, by the time the 45nm Phenoms are out Intel will be releasing Nehalem. So even if the 45nm Phenoms are as fast as penryn AMD will still be one step behind.

well if u wana go ddr3 i guesse, but no one wants to do so yet, i dont even think nahalem will be to good, ddr3 has been out only like 9 months or so, dd2 was out for almost 3 years before core 2 duo and quads came otu so they where alot cheaper, by the time of the c2d release ddr3 will still be uber expensive next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom