me = idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah you can overclock it past 3ghz but thats like me saying something random like your cpu can't over clock past 7ghz??? Yeah makes as much sense as your post. Besides when does some one push a quad with stock speeds at 2.4ghz anything past 3.5ghz~4ghz.

I had to work like heck to get my Q6700 to 3.15 ghz without stability issues and not pushing voltages and fsb into stupid land.

Well yeah you can overclock it past 3ghz but thats like me saying something random like your cpu can't over clock past 7ghz??? Yeah makes as much sense as your post. Besides when does some one push a quad with stock speeds at 2.4ghz anything past 3.5ghz~4ghz.

when? how about the LN2 people? like over at extreme.

Nos is saying you run into FSB issues. you can't just worry about heat, like when you have an unlocked multi. Then you only have to worry about heat. you can go plenty high. Deff up to 5ghz, or possibly 6, for benchmarks. You wont get a q6600 up that high, because it is FSB limited

well im not much of an intel guy, but is the extreme editions by intel kinda the same concept as the black edition by amd? im talking about the multipliers, not to start an amd vs intel thread. im thinking of intel for my next build anyways, laptop has T5200 and i love it (coming from X2 3600+ tho)

i do.. i've had me some 3dmark runs at 4.0 and 4.1 ghz on my old q6600

and no clue... thanks for your input.. lol

i was just simply stating that the QX cpu's don't run into FSB problems like the q6600 does... simply because the 9x as opposed to 12x... 13x...

Could someone please tell me what FSB stands for please?

Front side bus

Front side bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

simpler terms:
fsbg1t

The FSB connects the processor (CPU) in your computer to the system memory. The faster the FSB is, the faster you can get data to your processor.
The faster you get data to the processor, the faster your processor can do work on it.

bmxfreakrider said:
is the extreme editions by intel kinda the same concept as the black edition by amd?
I don't know much about the AMD black, but
I can tell you that the extreme has unlocked multi
and burns a hole in your wallet

it wont burn a hole in your wallet, if you happen to "pick one up that has fallen off the back of a truck" .. for you people out there who knows what that really means....

disclaimer I in no way say that is the right or legal thing to do.... just throwing ideas out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom