This Just In. 9800gx2 = 8800gt Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo can not tri sli 9600 gt as far as i know... only the 8800 gtx and 8800 ultra can be tri sli'd...

ok. I stand corrected. I thought someone on here had said tri sli with one of these. As far as I knew it was only the ultra and GTX as well, but then I read that.. oh well.

I looked up a pic on newegg of an evga one, and it only had one connector. So I think you are right. Though I read on a bunch of forums a few minutes ago about tri SLI with these 9600gt's. so someone please comment.

Almost all games utilize SLI and the scaling is only getting better. Rather almost all games that have come out in the last year.

Heh i read at least 4 different sites reviews of the card. At least 2 tested AA, and the 9800x2 seems to be optimal at 1920x1200 with AA.

i was under the impression that AA with 1920x1200 resolutions was barely noticeable what with there being so many pixles on screen. Do you guys notice a sizeable difference with AA on?

It has gotten to the point where you can buy two 8800gts 320mg cards for less than the 9600gt's. I'm thinking the 8800, even 320mg versions, sound like a great deal if you are interested in Sli. However, two 9600gt's is one heck of a bang for your buck! You can't really go wrong buying two of those in Sli, now can you? :)

Im pretty sure two 9600gt's in sli beat two 8800gts 320mb's in sli. Not only do they also use less power (G92 vs G80), they can oc higher as well.

resolution has nothing to do with the need for AA. It's about pixel density and how far you sit from the screen.
Even if you make a closeup screenshot of 4X AA vs 8X AA vs 16X AA, after about 4X, it doesn't really get smoother. The background just starts cutting a bit more into the edges of objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom