Mouse is not detected/Windows screen cut into thirds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filya_Baranov

Baseband Member
I recently installed a new motherboard a K8M800-M7A for AMD processor, and when I try to boot up into Windows XP Home Edition SP2, it goes to the user select screen as usual, however it only shows a third of the screen. everything else is cut off. Also I cant move my mouse either. When I try to boot through Safe mode same thing happens. However when I boot into Fedora Linux, everything runs perfectly. Any advice? Is windows corrupted? Thank you

Yes Windows is corrupted. The hardware profile is not the same. You will have to do a repair install. That should fix your issues.

No you can not use a Windows 2000 disc to repair a Windows XP install. Either you will have to get a disc or you will have to install Windows 2000.

All of them will. You will not be able to keep your files downgrading from XP to Windows 2000.

In some freak cases where I have installed a new OS and did not perform a format, I could find some of the files left over by searching the harddrive afterwards, but it is good to say that 99% of the time you will have none of your files left over. Also, moving to a different OS all together I would suggest a full format anyway.

If you need your files, you can buy an external enclosure for pretty cheap nowadays, you could stick your harddrive into an external enclosure and hook it up to a working computer and then you can back up the files that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom