EVGA vs XFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely, it takes a while for the smaller Nvidia partners to get the infrastructure set up to manufacture the card themselves.

I read somewhere that all 8800gtx's sold for the first couple weeks were made by Asus.

Foxconn makes all of eVGA's boards for a fact.

And almost all early version nvidia cards are made by Asus.
Where do you think ECS's, Biostar and Galaxy cards come from, they certainly dont make them.

If I had top guess I would also say that Foxconn made all of XFX's and BFG's boards as they are all identical.

Also Palit is a great new brand here in the US that has been the leading seller in Asia for several years. They are one of the few companies that actually revises Nvidia's reference design and introduces new features like display port and 3 phase power regulation.

then i guess the computer hardware business is a monopoly in secret then haha

Heck look at companies like Corsair, Mushkin, and OCZ.

They all sell power supplies but none of them make them... The majority of power supplies are manufactured by only a couple different companies.

Heck, OCZ even sold an 8800gtx... and I guarantee ya they didn't do anything more than design the box and slap a sticker on it...

Seasonic is one of the biggest and often manufactures the higher end ones while other companies you've probably never heard of make the average stuff.

You do realize that the idea of high and low quality cables are the biggest load of bulls*** ever created by the multimedia industry.

Unless your running cable longer than 150 ft you will not be able to notice any difference in signal or picture.

If you believe any of it, you really need to take a look at the numerous articles that debunked it.

Also congrats on being ripped the **** off on your hdmi cable.

ok well it wasnt me who got ripped it was my dad, and he's only starting to use ebay the last 2 months lol. we bought our tv this past summer, anyway there is a huge diference between hdmi cable quality, our dvd player came with a cheapo hdmi cord and the monster one we own is much clearer and brighter then the stock samsung dvd player cord we also own. unless uve seen a side to side comparison or have tried the two it wont work, i run duel monitors to, i have one high quality 50$ dvi cable and one **** one that came with my monitor. the one with the **** cable has alot less of a sharp image aswell has a lower contrast and my rig is not even 2 feet away from the monitors. cable quality does make a diference.

also for monitors, samsung lg sony and a thrid japanese brand are the only one who can produce lcd panels as they hold the patents, lg makes for veiwsonic and asus, insignia and a few other brands, sony makes for them and i think acer im nto sure, and samsung makes panels for dell, but its only the low end panels beign sold to them sadly. xfx evga and asus are the first to build video cards, i know that xfx will produce for alot of other companies as xfx is the official launch partner to nvidia with evga right behind them then its asus. the computer market is just alot of exchange and selling. technically yes there are menopolies but these companies sell there products off to others, to sell so they dont look like a monopoly

ok well it wasnt me who got ripped it was my dad, and he's only starting to use ebay the last 2 months lol. we bought our tv this past summer, anyway there is a huge diference between hdmi cable quality, our dvd player came with a cheapo hdmi cord and the monster one we own is much clearer and brighter then the stock samsung dvd player cord we also own. unless uve seen a side to side comparison or have tried the two it wont work, i run duel monitors to, i have one high quality 50$ dvi cable and one **** one that came with my monitor. the one with the **** cable has alot less of a sharp image aswell has a lower contrast and my rig is not even 2 feet away from the monitors. cable quality does make a diference.

Cable quality does make a difference when you compare the $2.00 cable to the $60.00 monster cable. the thing is that $60.00 cable can be had for $20.00 from any number of online retailers, just without the monster packaging. In any case, you dad got good cables, he just over paid for them...could be worse, could have overpaid and gotten crap.

on my dvi cable i didnt get ripped off, and for hdmi yea my dad did got ripped off do i care no its his money. im a smart shopper when i shp around for things, unlike my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom