EVGA vs XFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV II DARK II

Gears of War King
Can you guys tell me the difference between EVGA and XFX? For example, the new 9800 GX2 comes with a free game if you buy from XFX but not EVGA. What are the main differences in their warranty ( lifetime, 2year, etc) and what not. I know EVGA has a step up program but I wouldn't really use something like that

XFX has double lifetime which can be used for the next buyer if you decide to sell which in turn could/would hold its value alittle more. Covers overclocking and whatnot

The warranty stuff is a question i've been wondering as well, i've heard that evga's warranty transfers as well but i haven't been able to confirm it.

no eva warranty does not transfer, but aslong as ur card doesnt have any trouble no need to register it in the first place so if u sel lwith out ever havign a problems then the second buyer can register to.

If I remember correctly, if you don't register it within the first year, you lose all lifetime warranty coverage.

XFX has double lifetime which can be used for the next buyer if you decide to sell which in turn could/would hold its value alittle more. Covers overclocking and whatnot

I was stoked when I ordered my second 7800gt last year for sli and found this out. EVGA's cards and customer service are great, but their warranty made me an XFX fan.

yes, but XFX can transfer, and it covers OC, i am not sure about EVGA for the OC part.

bfg covers over clockign i beleive, but only has one life tiem warranty and will not transfer. nor does it have a step up. i consider xfx/evga first rate, then brands like bfg and msi pny second, then there is palit galaxy zolat and so on at the bottom of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom