This Just In. 9800gx2 = 8800gt Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen how well the 9600s scale in SLI?

Keep dreaming. They scale well but you are stuck with the same number of stream processors on two cards as you have on one GTS. You won't out pace two 8800gts cards with two 9600gt's, sorry. Some one show me the benches that prove me wrong.

but two 9600gt's beat a GTX. which I would say is darn good for that card. I would look up some 3dmark to see who is right, but I am too lazy

Keep dreaming. They scale well but you are stuck with the same number of stream processors on two cards as you have on one GTS. You won't out pace two 8800gts cards with two 9600gt's, sorry. Some one show me the benches that prove me wrong.

Here ya go....clobbering not a G92, but an Ultra.

16682.png

16680.png

16675.png

I never said 2 8800gts cards in SLI.

My point was price/performance. You can almost buy 2 9600gt cards for the price of a single 8800GTS 512mb

I never said 2 8800gts cards in SLI.

My point was price/performance. You can almost buy 2 9600gt cards for the price of a single 8800GTS 512mb

It has gotten to the point where you can buy two 8800gts 320mg cards for less than the 9600gt's. I'm thinking the 8800, even 320mg versions, sound like a great deal if you are interested in Sli. However, two 9600gt's is one heck of a bang for your buck! You can't really go wrong buying two of those in Sli, now can you? :)

and have how many games that will even utilize the sli benefit?

Seriously, whats the point of even mentioning SLi if most games don't even work efficiently with it. I don't want to be limited to what games use SLi when my comptuer gets outdated.

If you are playing new games then they utilize SLI. and when your computer gets outdated, the games will more and more support multi gpu. So I don't see the concern. There are very few games that will not get a performance boost from SLI. and When we are talking about two 9600gt's performing like a GTX, if you are using that sorta power, you are probably playing a new game anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom