9800GX2 at the Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be gaming at 1950 X 1080 or somewhere close

its going on a 26" HDTV so i'm kind of after a powerful card, if i get 25-30 in most games i'm happy as long as it does not go below 25

then the 9800GX2 would be ideal if you can afford it. Or you can just wait for the gt200 and R700 to come out.

Cranked settings I can make NWN2 chug on my rig at 1280x1024.

Oblivion can do the same during busy spots after I use all the enhanced texture mods, at 1280x1024.

theres no hope of me running them maxed out like that at 1900x1200.

lol@tf2

then the 9800GX2 would be ideal if you can afford it. Or you can just wait for the gt200 and R700 to come out.

yeah its going to be 2 - 3 months before i can get it either way i just want to play games at high settings with a good resolution with a decent fps

come on 4xxx! I cant wait to see what they bring to the table! crossfire here I come!

Your obsessed with thise 4800's cards!!

i have a link to the card lineup too, but its in the EVAG forums which i cant access right now :S

Your obsessed with thise 4800's cards!!

i have a link to the card lineup too, but its in the EVAG forums which i cant access right now :S

yes I am :D I really hope they perform. I am just tired of seeing these nvidia cards with 600 price tags. I would suggest a 8800gts g92 to anyone, so I am no fanboy, I just see no reason to get a gx2, unless you are a 3dmark guru. come on 4xxx!!! (they better do well...) :D

PM me that link when you do get it, or anyone else who has release dates and such (expected at least) for all the cards.

so when are the gt200, R700 and 4000 series due, the way it's looking with my pc and my job it might be up to 6 months away now, just blew the £130 i had saved for it on paying stuff off :(

and my job is monthly pay so i'm in a hole for 2 months till i catch up (something's trying to tell me not to get this rig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom