Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I am looking for the best price/performance ratio Video Card and a decent audio card.

I have a junk Asus board, and the sound sucks. It pops and what not. Anyways I am looking for something not tooo expensive for the audio card.

And preferably a cool running video card. I have an X1900XT and it seriously runs hot way too much, and the fans don't regulate heat like they should on the card.

I was looking a the 8800 GTS 512 card

Customer Reviews Of MSI NX8800GTS-T2D512E GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

this one in particular. Any reason not to for one of these right now?

Good card. Go with the following sound card:
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Personally, I would get an 8800GT they will do you good and you can get one 512mb for $200-250ish range.

Well i play at resolution less than that usually. Honestly I don't care too much about resolution I have bad eyes =)

About the X-fi, should I get the extreme gamer? People seem to say the X-fi is not for gaming otherwise.

And I can get a 8800GTS for about 230 dollars, a 8800GT still a good buy considering that?

Well i play at resolution less than that usually. Honestly I don't care too much about resolution I have bad eyes =)

About the X-fi, should I get the extreme gamer? People seem to say the X-fi is not for gaming otherwise.

And I can get a 8800GTS for about 230 dollars, a 8800GT still a good buy considering that?

There are nearly the same price and for you, not caring about oc'd cards or higer resolutions, eihter card will be great. The audio card I suggested is cost effective and sounds great gamer model or not.

There are nearly the same price and for you, not caring about oc'd cards or higer resolutions, eihter card will be great. The audio card I suggested is cost effective and sounds great gamer model or not.

Alright, I was wondering about the card. I think I may buy the GTS. And seeing as you say the sound card is good I will get that too. I just had noticed a customer review saying the particular sound card you linked was "NOT FOR GAMING" so I kinda got worried is all. I mainly play oblivion and MTW2 and so I want to really get those games running smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom