EVGA extends step-up to 120 days for GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think I might do just that.

Once the GTS comes down in price a bit more I'll pick up another one.

I only play at 1280x1024 on my monitor. But now and then I hook it up to my HDTV and play @ 1920x1080.

yeah i was running every game aside form crysis maxed on my 24" lcd. so a gts should do you fine for a while.

That's what I was thinking. On my last rig, which is pretty close to the one I'm building right now, I was running a Q6600 and 2 gigs of ballistix with an 8800GT( picked it up right when they came out) and I was running Portal, Jericho, CoD4, and TF2 @ 1920x1080 nice and smooth. I'd imagine the 8800GTS 512MB would do even better.

I'm not really that greedy when it comes to frames per second, although the games were more then playable.

ugh, my step up ended last weekend too. Only thing i want to know is can you step up to a SSC version or does it have to be a stock GX2? i dont mind spending the extra dough for something that is gauranteed to oc like mad.

Right now, evga only has the normal clocked edition. Also, step-up almost never allows anything but reference cards. If i were to go quad i'd pick up the corsair 750TX its 129 AR right now on the egg :)

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhh why must they tempt me so.

So my GTS512 stepups expired over the weekend, but now they extended it to 120 days! It would cost me 230 per card to go quad SLI plus shipping. I'm really considering it just because of the amount of depretiation my GTS512's have already taken. Paid 369 per for them back in december and now you can get em as low as 230 after rebates. Ugh ugh ugh. I'm never going to get out of debt.

So much for not putting anymore cash in the pc, and all the cash into the car.....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom