HP Media Center m7267c Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Okay so my buddies HD took a dump and so I had to get a new hard drive. I installed the hard drive and attempted to reinstall the recovery software. Windows loads up and then the pc says it needs to restart multiple time. OS is XP Media Center edition btw. Anyways so it is going through its load up and BAM just shuts off. I was thinking it was just restarting itself but after waiting a few minutes it would not come back up. So I proceeded to remove everything off the mobo and ps so as not to overload anything. But to no avail, So I am requesting thoughts or suggestions on this matter. Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with XP Media center but you might wnt to try booting it in safe mode if possible, press f8 during bootup... then in safe mode go to control panel> system>advance tab>startup and recovery settings>Untick the box that says automatic restart and apply and restart see what happens

Thanks for the help. I got it figured out. He ordered the HP recovery disks and the software has an issue. I formatted the drive and clean installed xp home and the thing took. This is why I will never again buy a prebuilt PC or ever recommend one for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom