Hooking up computer to HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Hey guys, I have a 46" HDTV and I want to hook my computer up to it.

I have a choice on how to do it by the sounds of things though.

First Choice: DVI to HDMI
Second Choice: DVI to VGA

I want to watch movies and play games on my HDTV from my computer and I want the best picture quality possible from my eVGA 8800GTS.

Which choice will provide me with the best picture quality?

Thanks!

DVI to HDMI is the only choice over DVI to VGA for an HD TV. The dvi to vga is simply allowing the standard vga output or input to be used with a card lacking the DVI out. Pull the DVI to VGA adapter off of the 8800 model there and enjoy a better picture.

Perfect, thanks so much... my wife is tired of seeing my Xbox and computer in our room so I am going to try to hook it all up to our TV down stairs, haha

The recent upgrade to a widescreen lcd over an older standard view model allowed for DVI use here since the new model sees both VGA and DVI inputs. It didn't take long to figure out that I no longer needed the adapter on the card here. :p

LOL, I purchased my cable from ebay.
I have my pc to my 32" dvi to hdmi....awesome!!!!!!!
My 56" dlp vga to vga and that is awesome too but not quite like dvi to hdmi.
The only reason I don't have dvi to hdmi on the 56" is because it only has one hdmi and that's being occupied by my dvd player.
As a matter of fact, I don't even use my dvd player anymore since most of my movies play off of my pc.
Good luck

DVI to HDMI stays digital, DVI > VGA turns the signal into analog, thats why the picture looks more crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom