9800GX2 at the Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they are 256bit. 2 x 256bit = 512bit for marketing purposes :rolleyes:

Of course! Dual 256 bit gpu's................My original mindset then remains. Rediculously overpriced cards! Chicken bone reinserted into my gullet! Choke.....choke....cough....choke. However, the fact that they are side by side (2 cards in one) is an intriguing change. If they can get these down to the $400 mark they might have something to crow about.

I swear the opinion of the 9800gx2 changes everyday. One day its ZoMG I'm soooo getting this card, then the next day its ZoMG this card is a big mistake!

i just got a nice little job and bringing more money in so i might decide on one of these

i would like to see how it fair's over the next few months though to see if it is worth the £400 price tag

nah it's definitely the fastest card out. It's just that it's so darned expensive.

The 9600GT SLI setup scores almost the same and you can get a pair of those for about 200 quid

nah it's definitely the fastest card out. It's just that it's so darned expensive.

The 9600GT SLI setup scores almost the same and you can get a pair of those for about 200 quid

but i have a DS3R mobo i need to put to use, it would cost me the same amount of money to get a 780 mobo and 2 9600 as it would cost to just buy the card on it's own

just this way i haven't got a mobo sat around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom