ddr 2 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximuss2072

Baseband Member
so people have been telling me that ddr 2 800 is better for gaming than ddr 3 1333?!?!?!?!
are they just blowing it out of their arse or is it actually so????/
if yes then it dotn make sense surelly faster dimm speeds = faster performance right?? :confused:

The speed of RAM doesn't really affect gaming, but the quantity of RAM.

The reason some may have told you that DDR2-800 is better than DDR3, is not because of their performance, but because DDR2 memory is better for the money than DDR3 is. Right now, DDR3 prices are through the roof for what they offer compared to DDR2. Although performance wise DDR3 is better, but not worth it right now.

I can't believe he just bypasses the censor..

but last time I checked DDR3 is faster, but not by a noticeable amount, but MORE RAM shows more a performance gain

The main difference is that even with the memory being faster, it still only provides a very small improvement in performance due to the FSB restricting it. The performance difference between ddr2 800 and ddr3 1333 is so small there is no way to justify the price difference of almost 4x.

These things happen when coworkers talk to you while you are typing a post.

you meant
The performance difference between ddr2 800 and ddr3 1333 is so small there is no way to justify the price difference of almost 4x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom