me = idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximuss2072

Baseband Member
hey...im an idiot and i was too lazy to go check really...
so umm.. can anyone tell me whats the difference between the intel core 2 quad and the core 2 extreme?!~?!?!?!?!:freak: :freak:

mostly the extreme is faster
and breaks bank

with the breaking bank being the big one

edit: also you might want to consider not making so many threads

core 2 quads are quad cores

intel core 2 extreme, comes in both dual core (x6800) and all quad core forms come in QX(6700, 6800, 6850, 9650, 9770,9775)

exteme editions have unlocked multiplier for easier overclocking ability, while regular core 2 quads, duo's and whatnot have a locked and set multiplier

thanx:) so basically i must sell my body on the black market so that i can afford one lol..cool will do so;)

lol at lazy overclockers.. i think not.. more like.. for extreme overclockers.. and for people that are fsb limited..

i'm sorry but a q6600 will NEVER reach 5+ghz

lol at lazy overclockers.. i think not.. more like.. for extreme overclockers.. and for people that are fsb limited..

i'm sorry but a q6600 will NEVER reach 5+ghz

Haha, thanks Captain obvious. Because ya know. A processor that comes at 2.4ghz would be able to reach 5ghz right?! Hahaha.

how does that make me captain obvious??? the person i quoted thought it was for lazy overclockers and i was correcting what he was saying

and showing that the lower end cpu's can't reach the same length due to fsb issues... and needing more extreme voltage on other parts rather than the cpu

how does that make me captain obvious??? the person i quoted thought it was for lazy overclockers and i was correcting what he was saying

and showing that the lower end cpu's can't reach the same length due to fsb issues... and needing more extreme voltage on other parts rather than the cpu

Well yeah you can overclock it past 3ghz but thats like me saying something random like your cpu can't over clock past 7ghz??? Yeah makes as much sense as your post. Besides when does some one push a quad with stock speeds at 2.4ghz anything past 3.5ghz~4ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom