Kind of a dual boot I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
I hope im in the right forum, if not feel free to move admin. OK, I was getting a comp ready to sell and I was using a new partitioned HD in the comp to install vista. Vista wouldnt recognize HD to load vista on so I moved it to my comp and installed vista and the HD going to other comp. After I was finished moved HD to new comp and all works well. Now the problem is when i reset my comp or turn it on, a screen pops up saying which OS do I want to use, Vista or Vista? My comp already had it installed but I removed the 2nd HD to the new comp. Is there a way to remove this screen before start up or do I have to start all over with mine? Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW everything works fine just that screen is kindof annoying.

Google for EasyBCD and remove the entry that doesn't work anymore.

Can't you get rid of that through msconfig? Unless you can't in Vista anymore...I knew you could in XP. Start > run > type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) > boot.ini tab > click "check all boot paths' button.

Vista does not have the boot tab anymore since Vista does not use the boot.ini anymore. You could try to manually edit the BCD going thru the run or command promopt. But it is just easier with EasyBCD. Trying to edit teh BCD is not a easy task.

Alright, thanks for the info! that cleared the problem right up and no more annoying screen asking which OS I want to use. You guys/gals are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom