Windows 7 M1 build shows up on various torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is Paul Thurrott. He is full of more junk than any person i have ever known. He was wrong with almost every thing he said thru the Vista Beta. Dont take his word for much.

It helps to know who is and who isn't for sure! I run across two paragraph blogs on this or that and usually go right past those.

Another MVP seems to go alot further since he wrote the details on performing repair installs on XP. That would be Michael Stevens who writes quite a bit like that article seen at How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

The problem there is that site is mainly XP despite a few things about Vista. When looking to see if there was a repair install method available for Vista the only thing found was someone on a Vista forum advising not entering the product key when simply reinstalling Windows to then call MS? crap!

When going to reinstall Windows activation once connected was in an instant with the product key used! I can pm the link for that nonsense if you want to see that one for yourself.

Yeah PM me that link. The thing is VIsta does not have a Repair option at all. I can tell you that right out. MVP's are only a MVP for 1 year. So this person who is all about XP must have been a MVP back when XP was being worked on and has intensive knowledge of XP. Me i got my MVP last year and was heavy into the Vista stuff. That is why i know so much about Vista and have some knowledge of Windows 7 already.

If i get MVP again who knows. It is done before April and i have not gotten any info. I hope to get it again but i will have to go on a massive download from MSDN soon to make sure i get everything from them.

Yes Paul Thurrott is not a good source. Many people will tell you that. He thinks he has all sorts of inside info but his intel always come out wrong or just plain out off. He has been close on a few things and right on a couple things. But for the most part. Dont take him at his word. You will be the one upset in the end.

As of right now the only real information out there is what i have stated. That is all that is even known among the MVP's to date.

Windows 7 was strictly 64 Bit at first.
Windows 7 now is both 32 Bit and 64 Bit.
Windows 7 is using the Mini Me kernel. ( I know this is not the real name of the Kernel but it sounds so much more fun)

As for anything else. It is purely speculation. If any Os after this is 32 Bit is not known. It depends on if they go with the dual route again here. If they release Windows 7 as 32 Bit i bet the next one will be half and hald as the outcry will be the same.

Anything other than this i would take with a grain of salt cause it has not been stated or released from Microsoft officially otherwise. ;)

I would give more but i am under NDA not to. :p

Well at this time as you well know the market holds full implementation of 64bit at this point. Simply look at what 64bit games and programs are available. Driver support for Vista is far better then seen for XP Pro 64 while software companies in general will still be playing catch up by 2010 to some extent.

Personally I've been in no rush for the 64bit editions while still wanting to get familiar with the changes seen there. From 16 to 32bit on the other hand was an immediate transition since 95 saw OSR2 and the PLUS! edition prior to 98. NT at that time was already 32bit where there was no delay.

NTFS as the native partition type was the obvious move away from Fat with XP bringing desktop and server OSs together to some extent with the Pro edition following the ME flop. People label Vista as ME II while XP Pro 64 was the one best labeled for that due to the lack of support for the most part.

3D Virtualization over the Start menu? One article on what Windows 7 will look like mentions the hypervisor technology claiming that MS wants to own the hardwares. You can see that one at What will Windows 7 look like? | InfoWorld | News | 2007-07-24 | By Elizabeth Montalbano, IDG News Service

That article is what people would like to see. It was posed July 2007. Not more than 7 months after Vista was released. It was nothing more than a wish list. I doubt there will be 3D menus. I can see a Stack feature like Leopard has. I can see something like what they are tying to do with the Surface and give it some virtualization. But other than that it is all hype. All of it.

Hype is an understatement! It's something to fill blogs and web pages like the page from January seen at Posts tagged Windows7 at Engadget

Supposedly someone is running Windows 7 in a video seen at youtube? The initial splash screens are the same color as seen in Vista except it all looks like someone simply made some alterations and called it 7? Have a look at YouTube - Windows 7

I find that a little odd this soon since where are the RC1 Candidates?

There is no RC of it out there. There is the one that this article talk about. But no RC's. It has not even hit milestone 2 yet, let alone Beta and RC stages. ;)

We are not even at the Beta stage yet. RC stage comes after that. So that person is a flat out liar.

Some kid wanted to impress others with a bogus reg modification if you look close enough at what? the Media Center and familiar Vista splash screens! The text was simply altered which is no great task for those with tools for customizing splash screens and changing the text displayed.

At this point the most anyone could even expect is simply the workings of the basic shell/kernel and the layout with plenty of room for late changes once getting ready for the beta stage. Design problems would still have to be worked out even to get that far.

It is easy to do with photoshop. I could do it. The M2 build is being worked on. Rumor mill has it that it has been released to some people. But that is only a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom