Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SetoKaze

Solid State Member
I have recently just reformatted my computer due to some problems and was told to backup my driver information and followed their directions. After I reformatted my computer I wasn't able to do a lot of things because I'm missing a lot of drivers. I was just wondering if you guys can help me out somehow? Which drivers do I get and how do I get them?

The first one is a fax file, I can open it with Windows Picture and Fax Veiwer

Basic Driver Info
Advanced Driver Info

Thanks for your time.

What drivers do you need? What is the system? Cant give you any info if we dont have this info.

Well its Windows XP Home, and as much as I know are in those 2 files. How do I know which drivers I need?

Have you gone into the Device Manager and looked at your device list to see what you have and googled for those devices to find drivers? Have you checked the Index Thread to see that we have a option for you to back up all your current Drivers?

I've looked into the Index but I've already reformatted my computer, I just looked into the device manager. Well I just want to get the internet working first, and it has a question mark next to Ethernet Controller. I don't know which driver to update looking at the two things I've posted above.

EDIT:
Well there are only 3 things with question marks next to them.
The first one is
Ethernet Controller (Maybe that's why I have no internet?)
Multimedia Audio Controller (I also have no sound)
SM Bus Controller (I don't know what this is)

Sorry for being so hard to work with.

Is this custom built or prebuilt? If custom > go to your motherboard manufacturer's website/look up the model number of the motherbord. If prebuilt > go to the manufacturer's website, and look up the model number of the computer.

It's prebuilt, I've gone to the manufacturer's website, but I don't see any of the drivers deal with anything with Network or Ethernet. Also, it won't let me download any unless I'm on the computer I'm trying to download the drivers for, and I don't have internet on it yet.

My computer is a HP Pavilion 735n

Ok, to download the driver file, under step 3 after you click the link for the driver, there should be a button that says "Download only." Download that to your computer, and then transfer them over to your other computer (via flash drive if possible, or if you don't have one/won't work, get all the drivers you need then burn 'em to a CD).

Also, your ethernet card is built into your motherboard, right? It's not a separate card that you have separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom