Best Single Card Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how much mine was. I did it a long time ago. I just updated to these parts. but check prices.

and at that res, a GTS 512mb would be fine. cept maybe crysis..

meh 8800GTS performs like the same as a HD 3870x2 and its way cheaper in Crysis that is.
Nvidia sponsored and optimized.

9800GTX is looking to be for the card for the win, you pay premium through.

most likely 1650x1200

How much was your build noclue98?
I am looking to build one similar to yours but I am waiting on the price drops plus may 8th is my b day

Rofl, what the heck kind of screen do you game one.

20/22" screens are 1680x1050 and 24's and up are 1920x1200...

Well, I haven't heard much about a 9800GTX. No reviews have said anything about it, everything I've read has been pure speculation. People were talking about the 9 series back in June/July, and we're just now getting the flagship model soon.

I wouldn't count on the 9800GTX coming out anytime soon. I'd be stupid to wait that long for it.

Realisticty, any card you pick out now's going to be fine. You'll benefit from a few more FPS, but it looks like the 8800GT and up and a 3780X2 all kick ***.

We aren't going to see any game push video cards and computers like Crysis for quite sometime, that came cost millions of dollars to produce and took quite sometime. Far Cry 2's going to be the next one that'll punish machines as much as Crysis did.

My point is: For a bang for the buck, single card solution, get a 8800GTS 512MB. It'll do you just fine for quite sometime.

If I wasn't going to SLI the 9600GT's I'd pick up a 8800GTS 512MB or a 3780X2. Not a 8800GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom