Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated Power supply guide

Remember multi railed PSU's are limited to 20 Amps per rail, so the first rail is 20 amps and not 24.

Single railed PSU's don't have that amp restriction, I am still formulating a large explanation for that.

still dotn see why it doesnt deserve honorable mention especially considerign the price which is what its suposed to be about, good price great performence and good features, and it has the more cable connections then any other 600w psu on the market. i dotn see ay reason why it doesnt fit the criteria for honorable mention, iunderstand maybe not one of your personel picks but i do think it deserves to be put in the Best Bang For Your Buck Honorable Mentions section. especially considering the quality u get for 120$ the corsair 520hx only has 18 amps on all three rails just like the silver stone the silver stone just has a 4th rail, there almost dentical in specs, exept for the 4th 18 amp rail. which should be a bonus and the corsair 520hx has a max of 18 amps per rail while the silver stone has a max of 20amps per rail.

EDIT: here are the comparing spread sheets of the corsair 520hx vs the 600w strider
Welcome to Corsair :: HX Power Supply Product Information
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

Meh, I will stick to my Raidmax Aurora (spelling?) PSU... Holds up fine with a mid range system.

Buddy it isn't even at the bottom of the acceptable list, But that doesn't mean it won't work for variable years.

Just Cross your fingers.

You can get a DMM and test the voltages.

I'm probably going to get defensive about it because i always do that -_-

But why is it so bad? It ran 8800 gt sli fine, and i never once had a problem with it.

It isn't that it's bad per say, its just that it is not the best or even at the bottom of the accepted list.

It doesn't mean it will blow up or kill parts, but it is more likely too than power supplies that are reccomended.

If you want to know if it needs to be replaced, get yourself a digital multimeter and test the voltages while computer is being stressed, through Prime 95 or several runs of 3Dmark06 or even the crysis benchmarks.

Tolerance is 5% +/-

so the 12V rail can be between 11.6 and 12.6 Same math applies to the rest of the rails. If any rail is out of the 5% range, then you should replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom