New build monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's possible.

because what happened was one of my ram cards started to burn up and i took it out and then i got on here and read what you told me and i just switched out the ram and then the monitor was working! what does it sound like to you?

What do you mean exactly by 'burn up'? If all you did was swap out the RAM, then yeah, it could be that that RAM stick was bad. If you really want to test it, just put that single stick in a RAM slot, and then try to boot up. If it is bad, then just RMA it.

What do you mean exactly by 'burn up'? If all you did was swap out the RAM, then yeah, it could be that that RAM stick was bad. If you really want to test it, just put that single stick in a RAM slot, and then try to boot up. If it is bad, then just RMA it.

i mean it litteraly burnt up! there is a burn mark on one of the ram sticks where you plug it in at! and pus started to come out! like when i turned my computer on i smelt something weird so i shut it off and i put my hand over the cpu and then the ram and it was really hot over the ram sticks so i took them out, they were s hot as can be and i looked at the one and it was burnt! i dont know what the heck happened and i cant think of any thing that would cause it or anything but yea! thats what happened! so i dont even want to risk putting it back in the computer to find out what happenes next! anyways i already broke it in half so i know not to use it again! but i guess ill just stick with the ram that i have in there now well for now at least because it is working fine! and it will work ok untill i buy my new motherboard and cpu and everything because i was planing on buying all new parts for it soon anyways!!

but thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom