boot manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel3877

Solid State Member
hey everyone, first off i'd like to say hello.
i could use a little advice on a boot issue in having. here is my hardware profile and situation:
first off i have three hard drives. my primary is a 180 gig hd with two partitions on it, a 175 par with windows vista home premium and a 5 g backup partition.

my second hd is a 20 g hd with linux gos rocket beta

and my third hd is another 20 g with linux open suse installed.

i have acronis disk manager suite v10 installed on my vista hd with acronis boot manager installed,

all is good and acronis boot manager recognizes all my hd's and os's when i start my computer. the problem is:
when i start my computer up, from the time the bios screen flashes and thr time acronis takes to load up i swear is almost 5 to 7 minutes. its driving me crazy, i start my computer, get up, go to the kitchen, make a cup of coffee and grab a snack and maybe when i get back my boot manager will be loaded and ready to go, if it is then i just click on the os of my choice and it fires right up !
i have a micro atx msi motherboard, amd 3200+ cpu and 1 gig of ram, nvidia geforce 7300 card, not a big system by no means, but it wouldnt think it should be this slow to load.
could anyone give me any pointers or advice to resolve this issue, it will be much appreciated.
thanx
Dan B

This is the problem with using 3rd party boot loaders. Sorry but there is no real solution. Can use EasyBCD and configure the Vista bootloader to boot all the OS's. But that is all i can really suggest.

i un installed acronis boot manager and it still loads slow ! from the time the bios screen flashes and vista starts to load is a few min's. before vista starts to load i see a little white dot flashing int the top left of a black screen for a few min's, a long time !!!

It has to do with your timeout or something with what your system is trying to load between the post and OS selection menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom