ASUS A.I. Booster... 2GHz to 4GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comdot

In Runtime
Hi, has anyone had any experience of Asus's A.I. Booster? It's software that I have with my motherboard. Didn't know I had it, until I reinstalled everything, thought I'd try it. I seem to be getting much better framerates in my games, and it's even saying 4GHz at times, on the interface window. I'm not sure if this is true though. My processor is 2GHz (see sig). What do people think, anyone used it? I'm not sure but it seems to just change the FSB. I wonder if it can do sustained CPU bursts of 4GHz...? No idea.

Here's a standard idling screen (sometimes shows 0.9GHz even)
With Photoshop open, nothing else.
ai_booster_idling.jpg

This is the highest I've witnessed it go. Indeed the bar thingy suggests this is as high as it will go.
This was taken just after I did some complex Photoshopping.
ai_booster_under_load.jpg

DDR RAM runs at a higher voltage then DDR2 so ur probably normal at 2.6v...that program is fishy, i'd say trust CPU-Z over that

some ddr 400 ram takes that voltage though. My corsair's ran 2.75v.
edit: AP4 beat me to it

Comdot I only find it useful if I'm benchmarking or just testing so I don't have to go into bios alot. Sometimes it'll let you get away w/ an overclock that can't even boot into windows if you were to punch it into bios. I use abit uguru but like I said I do it for super pi runs and stuff, nothing more.

OK so the RAM voltage isn't an issue, thanks for clearing that up.
I will have to look into the ASUS software, read the manual etc, to see what it is really doing. I've not noticed CPU-Z update as a result of AI Booster.

thirdshift, so you've used this before? What is it actually doing to my system and why won't CPU-Z update? You only use AI Booster for benchmarking, why not all the time?

edit: oh and was my CPU really running at 8.5GHz, even for just a moment? :D

I've used AI booster to temporarily OC while playing games and such, and it has always worked for me. I highly doubt your cpu was actually running anywhere near 8ghz, but 4 ghz is believable in short spurts. I still wouldn't trust the program 100%.

comdot I had the same board as you and its always better to oc in bios so I would temporarily use it just so I wouldn't have to boot in to windows a bizillion times. Go to asus and see if they have a new update for AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom