What kind of cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigo93

Baseband Member
I was planning in buying a cooling fan for my laptop, but I'm not quite sure what type I should get. I have a Toshiba Satellite a60, and I'm pretty sure the intake fan is at the bottom and the exhaust is at the back. Would a cooler fan that blows are to the bottom be better, or one that sucks air from the bottom be better?

Thanks for the help

i'm not sure if they make them all one way, but I would buy one that sucks away from the laptop...since most exhaust on laptops are located on the bottom and blow downward, a laptop cooler you buy that blows air up would not be as efficient.

but I will learn for better or worse if I am ever in the market for one myself, and I've had moments of it. 17" monster laptop :p

I just ordered one a couple of days ago. My laptop has the same fan setup as yours (well exhaust out the side). Go with a cooler that blows air on the laptop. From what I've read, sucking air from the bottom really doesn't help much. The laptop is trying to pull air in, and the fan is trying to suck air the opposite way. So it seems like it could actually make things worse...

If you're looking on newegg, just read through all the comments. That's how you buy smart- read what others say, who actually own the product and have a similar setup as you.

That's what I would suggest. Get a cooler that blows air in the same direction as your laptop does.

So if your laptop sucks air in from the bottom, get a cooler that blows air onto the laptop. If the laptop expels air from the bottom, get a cooler that sucks air from the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom