poor quality graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

slohand77

Solid State Member
I'm getting poor quality pictures in I.E. and my movies in wmp are are almost un viewable. I just bought a new video card and flat screen lcd monitor. Movies viewed in lan player are fine and pictures in fire fox are excellent. All drivers are up to date and xp pro is up to date. I recently formatted HD and reinstalled a clean copy of OS it does not affect the problem. Any suggestions I'm going nuts and don't have much mind left::eek:

Are you using the recommended settings for the LCD? ike 1280x1024. Most LCD's have a recommended viewing setting. What video card did you get? did you remove the old drivers? I see you say you installed the new drivers and stuff. Was this before or after you formatted?

Are you using the recommended settings for the LCD? ike 1280x1024. Most LCD's have a recommended viewing setting. What video card did you get? did you remove the old drivers? I see you say you installed the new drivers and stuff. Was this before or after you formatted?

yeah my hdtv video suck if the resolution isn't right

I installed new after the low level format. So there shouldn't have been any old drivers on the machine. I'm using the factory recommended settings, I've even tried plus and minus one setting to correct the issue, The video cards I used were factory on board with 128 meg portion of my 1gig of memory dedicated to video. An nvidia geforce 5200 and an invidia geforce 6200

Okay let me ask this? Why do you have a dedicated card and a onboard? That would cause conflict. Disable the onboard in the BIOS. Should stop this. Or are you not using both? I dont understand what you are trying to say with your statment of 128MB portion of your 1GB dedicated to video.

You should only use 1 video source. Either the card or the onboard. Not both.

I disabled the onboard video in the bios to do some light gaming and bought an inexpensive video card to handle the improved graphics of the games. the 128 portion is just a statement referring to 64 megs of memory as default in BIOS and telling you I have an over abundance of memory so thats not my problem.

So what was that part about the nvidia geforce 5200 and 6200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom