Cannot stay stable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dmark06 froze and was flickering with 3.6ghz. I lowered it to 3.5, blue screen. I just don't get it!!!

changed to 3.4ghz, and I linked the memory with FSB instead of manual. In 3dmark06 i scored 12kstock, at 3.4ghz I got 12.7k. Not that much of a difference.

yea, im happy with that. I idle at 41c, load at 54c. once again, I dont think those are right. asus probe II is the most accurate, core temp doesnt go under 41c ever, everest hasnt moved from 23c ever lol. the HSF on my cpu is cold to the touch, the main HS on the mobo is burning hot, only at 35c though lol. It does have a little fan on top of it htough. Sry for talking about temps AGAIN lol. But yea, looks like im stable at 3.4ghz. Time to tweak vcore down a lil bit. Next step is to OC my video card maybe? idle 49c with it, about 60c when playing crysis.

what should I change to get above 3.4ghz? (watch the youtube video above too) 1.36 is WAY to hight for just 3.4ghz. I tried unlinking the ram, (1/2 the FSB) and raising the FSB to 3.5ghz. I get an error in orthos 3 seconds into it. I am not going any higher on the cpu volts, I should be at 4ghz with 1.36v lol. What should I try now?

You can't determine that it should be a 4ghz just because other people have done it w/ 1.36. You either have bad ram,cpu or you need to read up more on ocing instead of asking for all these values to set.

lol your video cut you off, I'm thinking either your board sucks, you got an unlucky e8400, or you got one of those 1 sided Ballistix which is stopping you from OC'ing properly, but see if you can get an RMA on that e8400 or refund it for a q6600 because I thought you got one mostly for the high clocks

I think its too late to return the e8400... Bought it at microcenter store near me. Wouldn't even let me exchange it for a q6600 3 dayys after I got it, unopened too! Also, if itell them its bad they will test and see ifits fine which it is. And obviously they aren't going to give me another because this 1 won't o.c.

doesn't that just suck...
I hate the fact that some chips are so great, and some are so... bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom