New build or keep the current one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically ASUS will be more expensier or? Can you recommend an asus one that will support my system too?
Here is my final build
E2160[N]
E2180[N]
E2200[N]
E4500[N]
E4600[N]
either on of these depends on budget
Then 8600GT 256 from EVGA
2GB of RAM
Case( I can get any case right just for looks)
Power supply( anymore options other then provided)
After I connect all that all will I need is windows xp disk and thats it ( I am thinking going xp other than vista what you guys think)?
One more thing I will need sound card ( any recomendations)
Ill just keep my current system untouched other than taking optical drive out of it

You won't need a soundcard, as onboard sound is enough for what you're going to be doing. I'm using onboard, and it sounds just fine for normal music playback, etc.

OO ok that saves money lol, also I wont need Ethernet card either

*edit*
So mainly $500 should be good enough for the computer which I will use it for (gaming, internet, and just few aps)

Ok thanks again. I think I am all set so either of those motherboards will work
and 65nm and 45nm what is that in chips (size>?

It's the fabrication size of the processor die. The smaller it is, the less power it consumes. It also gives more room to fit more cores in a processor chip.

it also usually makes it run cooler, but for some reason I can't find a program that can accurately read 45nm CPU processor's temps accurately

What is the difference in 2160 it says intel pentium buton 4500 it says core duo

just the cache amount, both use the same Core 2 Architecture and both are Allendale cores

What is the difference in 2160 it says intel pentium buton 4500 it says core duo

The E2xxx series is part of a low end dual core family. And the E4xxx is tailored towards the low/middle end for dual cores.

The E2xxx also has half of the L2 cache disabled, compared to the E4xxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom