Choppy Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammagi

Solid State Member
I have a Gyration ULTRA mouse. From time to time the mouse pointer gets very choppy. I have windows 200 512mb ram and P4. This gets so bad at times I have to restart. I have plenty of resources. I did several virus and spyware scans and everything's clean. Sometimes it woks fine others it's virtually unusable. What can I do to fix this? Is my CPU overheating? It's awful.

Thank you,

Stephen Horrillo

well if its a wireless optical change the battery or check for signal block or interference , if its a wheel mouse check the conections or remove the ball and clean the tracks.If its optical check the conections or get a new 1 .

If only it were that easy. It's wireless and it's optical. 25ft range. The performance fades sometimes as the day goes on. If I shut off the computer for a while it works fine for a while. Does the same with my a plug in microsoft optical mouse as well. That's why I suspect an overheated cpu or something. Is 45 degrees centigrade too hot?

If the problem still exists when you use the cord optical mouse, then it has nothing to do with the wireless mouse. The chance is you prolly have some spyware or even virus infection. Try running adware and spyware S&D and see if it fix the problem.

Your temp is fine, 45 C is lower than normal, and overheating wouldn't cause mouse problem anyway I think...

lavenderAC said:
If the problem still exists when you use the cord optical mouse, then it has nothing to do with the wireless mouse. The chance is you prolly have some spyware or even virus infection. Try running adware and spyware S&D and see if it fix the problem.

Your temp is fine, 45 C is lower than normal, and overheating wouldn't cause mouse problem anyway I think...

I've tried that and I use S&D and Adaware, and virus scans on a regular basis.

I changed the mouse pointer to from "Windows Extra Large Inverted to Windows Extra Large Standard" and it seems to solved the problem. Is it possible the animation was causing the problem?

If its wireless make sure you aren't out of range and also make sure that it gets charged properly everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom