Old Gamer building a new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, your saying forget about going SLI or Crossfire. I can understand that, from what Ive read you only gain around 50% by running it anyway. Maybe Ill go with the recommended Gigabyte board and try to locate a e8400. I think the 9600 is the way to go on a 1440x900 19 widescreen too.
Only worry I have is the CPU cooler, Ive read nightmares on how hard they are to get on. I believe the one I have pick comes with the thermal paste already on it, so I dont have to worry about getting to much/to little.

yeah, if you are not gonna OC far, then get teh AF7, if you are gonna OC for real, get a TRUE.

and 9600 will do just fine on that res. and a gigabyte and e8400 sounds awesome

Thanks for the input, I went for the Gigabite and the E6750 being the E8400 price jumped to over $250 and is still out of stock. Also went with the Evga 9600. Anothe question I have now is, the MB has specs for memory as memory standard = DDR21066, so I got rid of the Mushkin 800 and replaced it with this Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail. keeps me right at the same price point with savings on the MoBo and vid card. smart move? or is there another brand that would be as good but less expensive, Patriot, GeIl , OCZ?

Team Xtreeme or something like that are my new recommendation over Ballistix now, because they are 1 sided :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom