New build or keep the current one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has that for sale will that work?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR 2.33GHZ
1333MhZ 4mb cache

That sounds like an E6550.

Way better than that Celeron that you have. Yes, it will work with the motherboard I suggested actually.

Ok thanks I wll stick to these. Will getting a 1.6ghz or 2.4ghz from the list will make a huge difference or whatever I do 1.6 will be enough or should I go with like 2.4 for the future

The purpose you'll be using the computer for, that you stated before, that 1.6GHz will handle it like a piece of cake. Though with the processor, that your friend is selling is much better.

Is that motherboard ok too, or there something better there ?
How can I tell if chips will work in that motherboard?

The purpose you'll be using the computer for, that you stated before, that 1.6GHz will handle it like a piece of cake. Though with the processor, that your friend is selling is much better.

Yea, I dont want to limit my power if you know what I am saying maybe down the line I will need more.

4uvak said:
Is that motherboard ok too, or there something better there ?
How can I tell if chips will work in that motherboard?

You can look on Gigabyte's website for that motherboard's CPU compatibility list. In fact, here's that CPU support list for that motherboard:
GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-P31-S3G (rev. 1.0)

And I'm sure, the motherboard I suggested works with both of the processors you're looking at. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it.

From the newegg link b1g posted:

Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type LGA 775
CPU Type Quad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium
FSB 1333/1066MHz

If you want to see if specific CPU's will work, you'll have to look it up on Gigabyte's website.

Ok so all the ones you recommended will work with that motherboard.
I will just stick with that
Also will 4Gb do anything or is just waste of money
My friend suggested ASUS motherboard but is it just a personal prefernce?
Sorry for a lot of question but I am trying to make sure I got everything right

4GB isn't needed for your purposes. For what you're doing, you probably won't even talk up half of 2GB. Not to mention, you'd need a 64bit Windows to use that 4GBs, because regular 32bit Windows, can only see up to 3.5GB.

ASUS boards are good. I just picked one, suited for your budget. Sometimes, it is a personal preference or brand loyalty.

It's ok. Keep the questions coming. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom