Help & Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

In Runtime
My Wife's computer started freezing while setting idle last week, today froze while working rebooted froze again within 5m now it won't boot at all,computer starts up but no beeps, monitor stays idle.
I tried a different video card / HD with same OS on it same results, could a bad power supply cause this if so would it still start the computer?
I added memory and new video card 2 months ago.

If this is the wrong forum for this please relocate

Thanks for any Help

With adding the new video card did you upgrade the Power Supply unit? Could be that you killed this one cause you were using to much power.

Post your system specs, and someone will be able to tell you whether you need a power upgrade. Make sure you include your current power supply, as well as your Processor, Graphics Card, Memory, and any drives you have (cd, dvd, hard drive, etc.).

Thanks for the replys the Power Supply tested bad, I going to replace it with more power :D

Thanks for the help

My Wife's computer started freezing while setting idle last week, today froze while working rebooted froze again within 5m now it won't boot at all,computer starts up but no beeps, monitor stays idle.
I tried a different video card / HD with same OS on it same results, could a bad power supply cause this if so would it still start the computer?
I added memory and new video card 2 months ago.

If this is the wrong forum for this please relocate

Thanks for any Help

Glad it was that easy to find out. Good Luck.

no such luck :(

Problem still exist when i could get it to run for any length of time I ran a memtest 86, Diag. on HD, both checked out OK. Can't get it to boot at all now, powers up but no monitor I've tried booting with windows and gparted disk, nothing.
I'm stuck suggestions needed how to get it Boot, and procedures to run to pin point the problem.

sys specs.
P 4 1800
250w power supply
g force 6200,256mb
768 mb rdram

Thanks for any help

Is the power socket or board you've plugged your pc into protected with a RCD? It could be that the socket is messing up your psu. Based on the info you've given on your system specs, I'd also say you might want a slightly better psu as well, say a 300W.

Get a more powerful PSU. 250W is not sufficent for anything. Should have at least 400W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom